Friday, November 11, 2011

Why God created woman.

I had originally intended this to be the first post in my series, but it didn't seem complete, or ready. I'm actually starting it over completely from what I had!

So! If your just tuning in, last sunday we went over How God made woman. This week I want to go more in depth as to why God made women. In Genesis 2:18 God says "It is not good for man to be alone.." Let's stop there for a moment. If we look back, this is the first time we here of something being Not Good, truly this is the first negative statement in the bible.  God continues to say "I will make a helper suitable for him"  God follows this statement up with bringing every beast he's made before Adam to be named by him, and at the end of verse 20 it says " no suitable helper was found " That is when God put Adam to sleep and made women. Because he had a special need for her, that he had not yet fulfilled even with all the Vast and wonderful thing's He'd already made, none of it was a suitable helper. I want to look at that word in it's original form, the King James version says helpmate, which the is translated from the Hebrew word Ezer Cenegdo. The word Ezer is a combination of two roots, one meaning "to rescue; to save" and the other meaning "to be strong". Both directly tie into what we learned last week! In the Hebrew language, the word helper is very different than what we usually use it for, we tend to use the word helper, kind of like assistant, but in the Hebrew language, a helper is someone who has the power to help. It's a help, that only certain have to give. God intended women, to help, in a way only she could. Cenegdo (also seen spelled as Kenegdo) is two prepositions, put together means faceing. Ke, which means like or corresponding to. Negdo means to stand in someones presence, so together is means people who are together as equals. Adam realizes all of this, he's happy saying " bone of my bones, flesh of my flesh, she shall be called woman, because she was taken out of man". This is awesome! This is also the first Name that Adam gave that we're told! He follows that statement up by saying in verse 24 " Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh" I really like the word cleave. Dictionary.com's means are "To adhere closely; stick; cling (usually followed by to.)" and  "to remain faithful (usually followed by to). And they shall be one flesh.




My application: 
 It doesn't say women shall cleave unto her husband, but the other way around, though  I believe it's instinct for us to cleave to our husbands, when we have one, at least it is for me. In my research for this post, I've learned that part of being a submissive wife is to understand all this, to be willing to read up on this, to know what God expects out of my mere existence. I am to help my husband in ways that only I can. Truly only God knows what everyone one of these ways are, and those ways are all to his grand design. They're are some ways I know that only I as his wife I can help him. One that comes to mind very easily is in bed, as his wife, I am the only one that can suit that need, according to God's purpose. Another is some of the ways mentioned in the previous post, to know him, to know his needs, to protect his heart and all that important stuff. There are many more, I'm sure.

I'd really love to hear what everyone has to say! What are your thought and opinions on the subject?

I want to end with this quote because I read it and really wanted to share " Her existence was not dependent on him as his existence was not dependent on her: their existence depended on God alone who created them both. " source <-also a source for some of the info provided in this post :) 


P.S. Next week's blog post will be called " And they shall be one Flesh" because I want to look into what exactly that means! 


-Cassie


___________________________
| How God Made Women | Why God Made Women

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful research and writing! You are such a blessing, and very talented. God definitely has a plan laid out for you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for you comment!