Saturday, November 19, 2011

And they shall be one flesh.

I'm having a really hard time with this post. The first two I took finger to keyboard and didn't stop until they were done. But this post, this one Is a struggle.

My first thoughts on the meaning of this is simply sex, and procreation. But it just seems like there should be more to it than that.

From what I can gather, One Flesh is literal in the since, that you were two, and now you are one. I also think it means that this relationship should now take precedence over all others except for God. Often now-a-days a man or woman, will still put more importance on they're relationships with there friends or parents, than they do with they're spouse!

I also think this means that a married couple should become one in finances, emotionally, and spiritually. I was actually shocked the first time I heard of a married couple having separate bank accounts, it's really something I had never considered.

I feel like this post isn't up to par with my other ones, so I'm going to ask for some help! I'd love to hear your thoughts, or articles on this subject so that I can revisit this on another post, at a later date!


-Cassie

1 comment:

  1. Very good. I also believe that the "one flesh" means being one on major decisions such as discipline for your children. It causes soooooo many problems when you don't agree with one another on this issue. Firsthand experience on that one.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for you comment!