Sunday, October 30, 2011

Day 1:

Well I'm riding the single mom train for a week, while my wonderful husband is on a mission trip to Haiti, doing some medical and construction things. This morning started out a little rough, I couldn't find my glasses upon waking up, which is a scary thing for me since I can't hardly see without them, I searched and searched, my son woke up and I enlisted his help. Finally frustrated, running late to church, and on the verge of tears, I asked 'God I can't see where these glasses are, but you can please help me." It was about five minutes later I found them in my dresser drawer, which I swear I looked in before, but being unable to see, I must have missed them. Church was good this morning, I did miss Matt's presence at my side, but that's a longing I'm growing more familiar with, since there are Sunday's he has to work, which will hopefully be changing in the future.

Moments ago, I had a very spiritual moment with my son. I could just feel the holy spirit fill the room with it's presence. My husband usually prays with Marcus right before bed. Well since Matt wasn't here tonight, after reading him a story, I said " lets pray" and the asked him " how do you pray?" He closed his eyes and started " God" said some words that I can't translate from 2 year old to 23 year old speak, then said " Amen" It was truly wonderful to hear my Son pray tonight. I wish Matt could have seen it.  He opened his eyes smiling wide. It really was the best way to end the day.

I'm going to go do my Not a Fan journal for the night now, and head to bed myself.

-Cassie

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for you comment!